Sunday, March 13, 2005

Trust a must

As I waved off the fisherman this morning on a business trip, I cried. I cried not because he was leaving (it's only 3 days). I cried because I had no control over the airplane he was about to get on. I don't have any control over the drivers of taxis. I don't have any control over the weather. This is why I cried. Instead of getting myself worked up about it, I prayed. O.K., I still got worked up about it, but I prayed. I approached God's throne like the child that I am. Tears pouring down my face, I poured out the sincere fears of my mind and soul. I said aloud that I knew whatever happened-God was in control and had our best interest at heart. God comforted me. I can't really say how. Just a quieting of my thoughts, an ebbing of my tears and a blanket of help over my whole body. Thanks, Father, for that.

Psalm 91
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart......

read the rest.

No comments: