Thursday, March 17, 2005

An answer to prayer

I am amazed by the strength that a friend of mine shows me. Her son, B. has been diagnosed with brain tumors. He has fought a battle with them for over three years now. His mother has been told that he has a 1% chance of survival. Can you imagine facing that?

She came over today and I showed her the room where I do scrapbooking and crafts. She asked if we could do this together. Of course, I replied, just leave your stuff here because I know you don't have a lot of space. She began to weep and I said, what? "Don't take this the wrong way, but that is such an answer to prayer, because I want to do Brandon's albums now, I don't want to have to do them after he's gone. " she said.

Well, of course not. I understand that. But get this, she's an answer to my prayers.

I have been telling people since this craft room was completed that they could leave their stuff in ir and just come over whenever to work. No one has taken me up on it. I have been praying for more friends recently. It seems to me that I can never have too many friends. And just when you think you have enough, someone moves or their life speeds up and they're too busy, etc. Yep, she is an answer to a prayer for more friends. I feel abundantly blessed to have a friend that has so much character. You know, integrity, faithfulness, truthfulness, all the good traits.

Thank you, Jesus.

Psalm 103:1, 5

Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.....who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

No comments: