Thursday, March 03, 2005

Take a new tack

I came to a big realization today. My blog could be about something radically different. My blog could be more personal without endangering anyone. My blog could be about my walk with God. I thought about erasing all former posts and starting from scratch, but then a reader wouldn't see the change that has taken place in my mind and heart. So, I'm just going to leave all those other posts and begin again. Take a different tack.

I've been a Christian most all of my life. I thank God that my parents are Christians and raised me in the church and on the Word of God. From the time I was three years old, I can remember singing in the church. It's a major part of my identity. There is a family of God to which I have belonged for a very long time. This does not mean that I was/am perfect. Oh, I have strayed. I have walked a perilous path, even after knowing the truth of God's love and forgiveness for me. I have walked in darkness of my own making.

My path to here, most recently, began with a dissatisfaction I have felt in reading others' blogs. It's not enough to comment on their pages. I have always been someone with something to say. But not only that, the content of these blogs is lacking is something big. The Creator is missing. Their topics are so small when compared to the subject of the Almighty. So I embark, hoping to draw in others to contemplate how great the Lord is. Hoping to satisfy within my soul a longing for something more. A loneliness for God's people. A sense of purpose that needs fulfilling. Is there anything better than being next to God? Why do I stray when it is so good to be in the shadow of His purpose?

That may be enough to contemplate for the day.

Is there anything better than being next to God?

Why do I stray when it is so good to be in the shadow of His purpose?

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you......

read the rest for yourselves.

No comments: