Monday, March 07, 2005

Divine Invitations don't come gift wrapped

Don't you just love it when God sends you a divine invitation and you take Him up on it? This morning, I'm just doing the dishes....when a thought pops in my mind about a friend that is really lonely right now. Her life has changed rapidly in the last few years and she really hasn't cultivated any new lasting relationships with people to just be with. I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't invited her to a bible study we're doing at church (because we're already a month into it). God nudged me to invite myself over (bringing lunch) to her house. I called and then I thought about the study again. I started telling her about it. She said she started the exact same study but had to quit when her mother became ill. She finished the first five weeks. Now friends, isn't that God's timing? She may join me at this study now. Who knows, she might meet someone who will be a great friend to her. I just love it when God does something like that. I am excited to see how it turns out. I'm praying that she will be willing to step out of her comfort zone and meet some new people.

I want to encourage you today to listen to that little voice that tells you to call someone, write them a note or stop by their house. It could be a divine invitation from the Holy Spirit to transform a life, maybe even yours. It's not always a thunder bolt. Sometimes it's just a thought or feeling that you SHOULD do something. So often we continue about our business, rather than to listen to that small, still voice that beckons us.

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

May we see with our hearts, today.

No comments: