Saturday, March 05, 2005

The little things

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galations 5:6

Recently I got into a heated debate about circumcision on a blog. I am a bit ashamed to admit now how riled up I got about the whole subject. The Lord led me to this scripture this morning. Amazing how good His timing is. Any sooner and I would not have been able to receive this information. I see now how pointless the whole situation was. "The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.". Our belief in the kingdom of God and its truths, and our acting accordingly is what truly matters. This is really freeing, people. This is freedom from the law.

I'm not above the law. I'm released from a strict adherence to the old law because of Jesus. I'm not talking about ten commandment stuff, either. I'm talking about kosher or not, holy sabbath being kept or gentile or jew. Jesus freed us from the strict old codes that keep us bound. Don't talk to strangers. Don't marry a person of a different race. Don't wear jeans to church. Yeah, these things bind us as well. Think about some of those in your own life.

"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

So get out there and express it. I can't wait!

No comments: