Sunday, May 14, 2006

Renouncing FOR the throne

I heard recently that the problem with asking forgiveness for a sin and going back and committing again is a common thing. The difference with people who don't ever do it again is that they RENOUNCE the sin rather than just REPENT of the sin. How very interesting. Before I got married, my husband made it clear that he thought cigarette smoking was a disgusting habit. I didn't tell him, but I would puff a few while downing the occasional drink. Because I wanted him more than the cigarettes I went home and trashed a nearly full pack of lovely mint clove cigarettes. I still think about smoking. I have even had a problem with secreting a smoke here and there. But I always repent and get back on the straight and narrow. If I could do this for my earthly husband, why not God who I am supposed to be married with spiritually? I hope that very soon my sins will be like that nearly full pack of cigarettes and end up in the bottom of a landfill never to be seen again.

No comments: