Saturday, October 24, 2009

Too long

I can't believe it's been a year since I posted anything on this blogsite. I guess I felt like I was talking to myself like a strange person so I quit. But the fact of the matter is, I do talk to myself and I like it. So here I am again. I've been too gone for too long.

My sweet fisherman built a new shower where our old fiberglass number used to reside. It's a vast improvement over the fiberglass form that we wore out. Nowadays, I'm spritzing in a tile job with brand new chrome fixtures. It's enough to make a grown girl get giddy. I love alliteration.

I didn't realize how much praying I did in the old shower until I was using the new one. We had to share with our brood in an upstairs potty place that is much less private. I know I didn't pray in that one, except to say "Thank You, Lord that I didn't slip on the toys in the bottom here." I quipped to my husband that what he really did was to construct a new temple for me. So now, I go into the bathroom and prepare for a shower, knowing that I will get at least five minutes of prayer time with Jesus. He's always there, I just forget to keep talking to him. The whole world is my temple really. It's been too long since I spoke to Him minute by minute.

No comments: