Friday, December 07, 2007

A need to know

Did you ever beg someone to know a secret? When the answer or information was given, did you just feel a need to give it back? It's like the age-old forbidden fruit thing. If you eat it, you will know stuff. But the stuff isn't necessarily helpful or pretty or nicely said or edifying or even just make you feel better. That's where I am today. Wishing I hadn't pushed for information. Wishing I didn't know an awful truth. It is truth, but blissful ignorance seems better now. So what do I do with this? Do I stuff the information or beg God to block it from my mind or call a spade a spade and say so what? I don't know.

Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Hosea 6:1,2

No comments: